Thursday, June 9, 2016

Six Movies That Changed My Life

Six Movies That Changed My Life



1. August Rush
August Rush is the first movie I watched that have an impact on me. It is about Evan Taylor, a musical prodigy, who decided to run away to New York while his mother is searching for him while his father is searching for her. Wikipedia : August Rush

What I love about this movie:
The music is awesome! It actually gave me chills.

How it changed me:
After watching this movie, I became a fan of classical music. Literally.









2. God's not dead
God's not Dead is a movie about faith. Imagine what you will do if someone told you to say "God is dead." Will you agree or are you going to prove your faith? Wikipedia : God's Not Dead

What I love about this movie:
I love the how the movie showed the power of faith and the power of God. I love the part (spoiler alert!) when the student defended his faith and the part when the professor  retracted everything he said about God in the ending. The music of Newsboys is also awesome!

How it changed me:
My faith became stronger and definitely, GOD'S NOT DEAD.







3. 12 Years a Slave
12 Years a Slave is named as the best movie of 2013 by several media outlets. It is about Solomon Northup, a free African American man who, upon arrival to Washington D.C, was delivered to a slave pen and had to be enslaved for 12 years. Wikipedia : 12 Years a Slave

What I love about this movie:
It is very accurate. The movie showed how slaves were brutally treated before. The actors also delivered dramatic performance. I love the part (spoiler alert!) when Solomon was reunited with his family after 12 years. It made me cry a lot. Chiwetel Ejiofor (Solomon Northup) showed an amazing portrayal of how a man reacts after being away from his family for 12 years. He also showed a lot in his eyes that brought me to tears.

How it changed me:
I realized the importance of freedom. I realized how lucky I am to be born in a time where slavery no longer exist.


4. Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

Me and Earl and the the Dying Girl won the U.S. Grand Jury Prize: Dramatic and the Audience Award for U.S. Drama at the festival. It is a comedy drama film about an unusual friendship and how the characters cope up with their life knowing their friend has a leukemia. Wikipedia : Me and Earl and the Dying Girl

What I love about this movie:
I love the humor =D

How it changed me:
I learned the value of life. I learned to be thankful because I'm alive and well.






5. Dope

Dope is about Malcolm Adekanbi, a geek, who experienced discrimination due to the color of his skin. He dreams to go to college and the only way to do that is to become a drug dealer. Wikipedia : Dope

What I love about this movie:
I love how Malcolm proved everyone wrong because he had been underestimated. I also love his ending speech.

How it changed me:
I learned the value of education because it is the only thing that can change your life.






6. Schindler's List
Schindler's List is a masterpiece. It is in black in white because they wanted the film to have a sense of timelessness. It is movie about the holocaust and it showed how Jews were badly treated by the Nazis. Wikipedia : Schindler's List

What I love about this movie:
I love it because it is full of symbolism especially the girl in the red coat. (watch it to understand)

How it changed me:
Well... I'M SPEECHLESS. Just watch it. The movie is gripping.



No comments:

Post a Comment