Monday, June 13, 2016

GETTING MY DRIVER’S LICENSE.

I finally got my driver’s license! But you don’t know how long it took me to get that.



I started driving at the age of 14. I was a 3rd year highschool student. I told my dad to teach me how to drive and then he said that I should learn first the different types of gear. He also told me that he could only teach me every Saturday because I have class during weekdays.

This is the gear shift for a manual transmission. This is what i use.
credits to the owner 
After that, he bought an owner type jeep. I’m not a picky type person but I asked him why do I have to use that if I can use our own SUV. And then he said, “Dapat matuto ka sa mahirap na bagay para madadalian ka na lang sa susunod.” (“You need to learn in a hard way for it to be easier for you in the future.”). I used the owner type jeep for three months and then after that he decided to let me use our SUV.

This is not the actual owner type jeep that I used
credits to the owner

This is what my I drive and it's not mine. It's my dad's. I'm just borrowing it form him.
credits to the owner
My dad taught me the basics of driving, driving in different kinds of roads and situation, reverse driving, parallel and reverse parking and of course, defensive driving.

credits to the owner
Geez I don't drive like this XD
credits to the owner
One of my wildest dreams is to become a professional race car driver =D
Aside from that, my dad also taught me how to drive an elf-truck since we have one. He joked that once I learned to drive our elf truck I will be the delivery girl =D.

This is not the actual elf-truck that I also learned to drive
credits to the owner
I finally had my first student permit on December 27, 2013 The processing time was just one hour. It's valid for one year.



I renewed my student permit last April 2016. Then on June 02, 2016, I finally took my driver’s license exam and got my driver’s license. (BEWARE: THE PROCESSING TIME IS 5 HOURS OR MORE).

It's just a receipt cause the ID is not yet released
Driving for 5 years and counting, I had experienced a lot of memorable moments like:
1. Driving without student permit. (Don’t do this. Its’ against the law)
2. Driving with an expired student permit. (Don’t do this. Its’ against the law)
3. Dangerous driving upwardly in a steep slope.
4. Almost hitting a young guy in Malinta, Valenzuela. (Well, I’m not at fault because he crossed the road out of nowhere. Good thing I pressed the break.)
5. 1st driving experience in NLEX. (That was during my dad’s birthday in 2014.)
6. Almost got hit by a car in NLEX. (The car unexpectedly went in to my line.)
7. 1st driving experience from Bulacan to Quezon Ave.
8. 1st driving experience from Bulacan to Pampanga.


Getting my driver’s license is truly a journey for me. I honestly admit that I did things that are against the law and experienced a lot but it taught me to be a better and responsible driver. Just like one of the questions in the driver’s license exam, your license is NOT A RIGHT but a PRIVILEGE. Not all of us has the chance to have a driver’s license so if you happen to have one it is a privilege so be a RESPONSIBLE DRIVER.

No comments:

Post a Comment